A slogan is an element that expresses an idea briefly and precisely. It is widely used by organizations to highlight the virtues of a product, service, or brand. But it is also used in the religious and political sphere.
What Is A Slogan?
A slogan is a short, original, and attractive phrase used in commercial, political, or religious contexts for different purposes. It is characterized by being easy to remember and by generating some kind of emotional impact on consumers.
Usually, it is used in advertisements as a strategic complement to enhance them and increase their chances of success.
Characteristics of a Slogan
- Brief: A slogan is expressed in a very short period of time.
- Original: It is distinctive, so it differs from the rest.
- Concise: Expresses the correct idea using the appropriate words within a limited text margin.
- Shocking: It has the ability to cause some kind of emotion in users.
- Memorable: The short, distinctive, and precise composition of a slogan makes it easy to remember.
- Striking: It is a message capable of capturing the attention of the public.
- Durable: It is durable over time.
- Identification: It is an element that identifies the brand.
Types of Slogan
- Advertising slogan: It is the one used in advertisements.
- Persuasive slogan: Slogan that tries to convince consumers to buy your product.
- Descriptive slogan: Refers to the slogan that describes the characteristics of a product.
- Informative slogan: Explains, briefly and concisely, how a product or brand works.
- Slogan of distinction: It is one that exposes certain peculiarities to differentiate itself from the competition.
- Slogan of the target market: Indicate in your sentence what audience your product is aimed at.
- Value slogan: It is the one that emphasizes and highlights what a product or brand offers at the level of values.
- Slogan of benefits: It expresses the benefits generated by a certain product.
- Brand name tagline: This contains the brand name within the tagline phrase.
Objectives of a Slogan
- Highlight the essence of a company.
- Encourage the purchase of a product.
- Create a unique message to stand out from the competition.
- Move the target audience.
- Send a phrase repeatedly so that customers associate these words with a brand.
- Advertise a product or service.
- Describe the virtues of a product.
- Build trust in the public about a product or brand.
- Express the values of an organization.
- Highlight the benefits that the use of a product or service can generate.
- Mastercard: “There are certain things that money can’t buy. For everything else there is Mastercard.”
- Rexona: “Rexona does not abandon you.”
- Colgate: “Colgate, the #1 brand recommended by dentists”.
- Motorola: “Hello Moto.”
- KFC: “To lick your fingers.”
- Subway: “Eat fresh.”
- D’Onofrio: “Close to you.”
- Coca-Cola: “Uncover happiness.”
- L’Oreal: “Because I’m worth it.”
- Nike: “Just Do It”.
- Ariel: “Lava whiter.”
- Barack Obama: “Yes we can”.
- Donelli: “The longest lasting socks.”
- Red Bull: “Red Bull gives you wings.”
- Bimbo: “With the love of always.”
At diginee, we understand the importance of local SEO for business success and have been helping companies reach their full potential when it comes to digital marketing. Some of our success stories include Avive Solutions and Sealskin Medical Wrap.
Contact us today to learn more about our Growth Marketing SEO Services and get a free consultation for your business. We are here to help you!
I’ve put so much effort into producing this content to provide value to the community. It’ll be very helpful for me if you consider sharing it on social media networks. SHARING IS ♥️